What if cities had the tools to examine where energy poverty exists in their communities and understood the principles for designing local clean energy programs for broad adoption?
This webinar about CUSP Network’s Energy Poverty and Equity Mapping Tool – organized in partnership with Clean Air Partnership – is designed to familiarize municipal energy and climate planners with the mapping tool and:
- How to explore and understand the prevalence and extent of energy poverty at various geographic scales – neighborhoods, cities, and provinces – across Canada.
- How energy poverty is related to other variables such as housing quality and affordability indicators, income and poverty status indicators, and racialization indicators.
- How other cities are using the mapping tool to inform their energy efficiency and clean energy policy, programs and strategies.
presentation for download
- Yes, the CUSP Energy Poverty and Equity Explorer tool is available online for free at energypoverty.ca.
- Yes, the mapping tool and all resources on the website are bi-lingual.
- Yes, a lot of time and effort was invested into developing this pan-Canadian neighbourhood-scale mapping tool. The methodology document offers a peek behind the curtain into this process as well as the data specifications driving the mapping tool.
- Yes, our technical user guide has additional information on what the the Energy Poverty and Equity Explorer Tool can do and how to use it, check out the
- Yes, we actively working on making more energy poverty and equity related data available through the mapping tool. For instance, disaggregated electricity and non-electricity energy costs variables will be available by end of May 2020
- Yes, from time to time we dig into underlying detailed dataset to provide custom data analytics and reporting (see example) for a small fee (basic cost recovery of labour).
- Yes, please contact us with any questions, comments and feedback. Anytime.
Abhi Kantamneni | Data Insights Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Ashcroft | Managing Director | email@example.com
Additional resources on centering equity and affordability
INNER PAGE DISPLAY